Using hemp oil recipes for skin care products is easy even with just a guide and of course, the right materials. Hemp oil for skin isn’t actually a new concept, and there are now a lot of manufacturers infusing their products with this oil. You can check out Rick’s Hemp Oil for cream samples and to order oil for your DIY project.
Learning how to make hemp oil for skin is a good skill to learn because not only can you make these products for yourself, they can also be something you can do on the side like a small business. Lotions are easiest to make because you can whip up and pack large batches in big containers, compared to tiny jars and bottles.
How to Make Hemp Oil Lotion
- Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes (Depends on how huge the batch is)
- Creation Time: 10-30 Minutes (Depends on how huge the batch is)
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Mason Jars and Containers
Note: Using a hand mixer is the easiest and fastest way to combine all the ingredients, but manual stirring is preferred so you can control the heat produced, which can affect how the oils interact with the other materials.
- Nourishing Oils
- Essential Oils
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Cocoa Butter
- ½ Shea Butter
- 2/3 Cup Hemp Oil
Note: You may adjust the ingredients based on your preference. Cut down on the oils if you like a light finish. You may also consider substitutions for the other items on this list. To ensure that the product remains sterile, wipe all surfaces with rubbing alcohol in between steps.
- Mix the cocoa and shea butter and then slowly add in the hemp oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Dilute based on your preference using the hemp oil. If the mixture ends up getting too sticky or greasy just balance it with the cornstarch. The cornstarch will also make the lotion feel smoother.
- Now that you have the base lotion prepped, make the blend truly yours by adding more ingredients. Just remember to research which ingredients work with each other and which ones don’t.
- Stir in your ‘secret ingredients’ until you reach the desired aroma and texture. Consider making several blends using the same batch of base lotion.
- Pour into a glass container for better storage and let it set. Cover and wrap if gifting to family and friends or if you’re selling them.
All other recipes for lip balms, beard oils, and body soaps mostly follow the same steps. So, ultimately, it just depends on your blend whether people believe it can be sold in huge batches or not. You can advertise your hemp oil for face wrinkles, fine lines, and target people who have minor skin conditions.
DIY hemp oil lotion making is a fun activity that can also help you gain profits in the long run. The recipes are easy to follow, plus you can control what goes into the mixture. This is especially helpful for people with allergies or sensitivities. You may even tailor the blend to your preferred scent or your unique skin care needs.
Premium Quality Hemp Oil
We hope you liked this article from Rick’s Hemp and Oil. If you need premium quality hemp oil, visit our website to check out our long line of products. We look forward to hearing from you.