The hemp plant is famed for its versatile nature. It has a lot to offer, from its seeds to its leaves, and we’re seeing many new hemp products hitting store shelves with each passing year.
Hemp is a type of cannabis sativa plant that contains less than 0.3% of THC. It is produced in large quantities across the world and can be put to various uses. We’re seeing increasing interest in hemp products in many countries, including Australia, with lots of new brands and businesses beginning to offer their own unique product ranges, all made from parts of the hemp plant.
Even big, established, well-known brands are getting in on the act, like Body Shop hemp products, and there are various potential benefits to be enjoyed from these products. Hemp-based food supplements or Hemp oil, for example, can be used to alleviate aches, pains, anxiety, and so on, while hemp seeds are renowned for their nutritious qualities.
The Benefits of Hemp Products
Part of what makes hemp so useful is its versatility. It can be utilized in a wide range of ways and put to various uses, from making clothes and accessories to skincare and cosmetics. With so many options and new discoveries being uncovered all the time, the sky’s the limit when it comes to making use of hemp.
What’s more, growing hemp has been proven to be great for the planet. Hemp plants absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, making them more effective at cleaning up the air than trees. They help to regenerate the soil with nutrients too while supporting sustainable farming.
Additionally, hemp plants don’t require pesticides or herbicides to grow properly, allowing hemp products to be made in accordance with organic principles.
Hemp Products List
As stated above, hemp plants can be used to make a broad range of products. This versatile, dynamic plant has a lot to offer. Some companies are harnessing hemp’s powers of nutrition to create effective dietary supplements, while others focus on the strength of hemp to create clothes and bags. See below for a list of just some of the best hemp products:
- Food, Supplements, Drinks – Hemp can be used to make various foods, from chocolate bars to hemp tofu to mix in with your favorite dishes and recipes.
- Accessories, Attire – Hemp plants may also be used in the creation of various items of clothing, along with accessories. From T-shirts to hemp sneakers, there are lots of choices.
- Cosmetics, Beauty, Skincare, Hygiene – Hemp plants also have possibilities for application in the world of beauty. Hemp extracts can be used in shampoos, conditions, creams, lotions, serums, and oils to treat hair, nourish skin, etc.
- Fiberboard, Paper, Plastic – Hemp can even be used in the creation of building materials like fiberboard, as well as eco-friendly paper and stationery. Hemp plastics exist too, proving to be much stronger than traditional plastics and safer.
- Fuel – Hemp is one of the most cost-effective, eco-friendly, and efficient fuel crops on Earth. It can be used in the creation of biodiesel and hemp ethanol.
It’s clear to see that hemp is quite an extraordinary plant. There are still misconceptions about hemp, due to its links with the cannabis plant, but attitudes are shifting as awareness begins to rise. We’re already seeing more people making use of hemp products in their daily lives, and the future is bright for the hemp plant, with endless innovations still to come.